February 10, 2013

2/10, Late Lunch in Inwood

Sunday afternoon I headed uptown again to check on the Highbridge and Inwood red-tailed hawks. Maybe with luck I'd find they were working on new nests to replace those lost in the hurricane three months ago. But as it turned out, I spotted neither pair nor any potential nest. I did, however, encounter one juvenile red-tail having a late lunch on the south side of Inwood Hill Park, not far from the Dyckman St. playgrounds.

Late Lunch in Inwood

He was busy ripping feathers out of a pigeon as I was first headed up the hill. Some sledders using the snow-covered path saw me coming along with a camera and pointed him out before I had even spotted him.

Late Lunch in Inwood

A few minutes of feather pulling done, time for the main course.

Late Lunch in Inwood

Late Lunch in Inwood

Stop for a moment and glare at the growing group of onlookers.

January 10

Back to business.

Late Lunch in Inwood

No comments:

Post a Comment