September 8, 2007

9/8, Oh, the Humidity

Common Yellowthroat

Was it just me, or was the humidity off the scale today? The temperature was fine, but a 90-minute walk about the north end of Central Park left me soaked.

Anyway, no sign of red-tail hawks today. The above pic of a female or first-year common yellowthroat, perched for a second on the fence along the south side of Harlem Meer, was the only half-interesting bird pic that I did take.

But that isn't to say that I didn't see any hawks, as at about 7:00 while walking across the ballfields at the south end of Morningside Park, something hawk-like did fly over, from the 116 Step Hill towards the southeast corner entrance. But it was too stream-lined to be a red-tail. Given the size, I suspect it was a Cooper's.

No comments:

Post a Comment